small & mighty, sponsored by the Clay Studio of Missoula, is an exhibition showcasing small scale ceramic works that pack a conceptual or visual punch. This year's exhibition will be juried by Kensuke Yamada.
Application must be submitted no later than November 9, 2018.
Exhibition dates are February 1-22, 2019.
Open to artists in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Work must address the theme of "small & mighty" in either a formal, visual and/or conceptual manner, be made primarily out of clay, and must measure no more than 12" in any direction.
The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Missoula, MT. The Clay Studio is responsible for insurance during the exhibition.
All work must be for sale. Work which differs from the submitted image will be disqualified.
Artists may submit images for up to two entries, and a maximum of two images for each entry. Images should be .jpg files, 300 dpi, and no larger than 2000 pixels in the largest dimension. Image files should be named with the image number, your last name, and your first initial (for example: 1-DoeJ.jpg, 2-DoeJ.jpg).
Be sure to have this information ready for the online entry form:
- file name (including the image number as specified above)
- material (submitted work must be made primarily of clay)
- dimensions (h x w x d to the nearest inch)
- year completed
- price (the Clay Studio will take a 40% commission on all sales)
1. Type in your name and contact information
2. Enter your entry information in the appropriate text box with each file name you are uploading, and the corresponding information: title, medium, firing method, dimensions, date, and retail price
3. Upload your image files
4. Pay entry fee with credit card or paypal
5. Click the Submit button. It is important that you do not click this button until all of the required information is filled out and all image files are uploaded to the form. You will not be able to edit your application once it has been submitted.
The Clay Studio of Missoula reserves the right to photograph works, and use submitted photo material of accepted pieces for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity, promotion, and future grant proposals.
Your submission of materials constitutes your agreement to comply with all the conditions and terms set forth above. Understand that all decisions by the Clay Studio of Missoula and the juror are final.
Questions? Please email the Clay Studio at email@example.com
Thanks for your interest! And...GOOD LUCK!