International Cup 2024, sponsored by the Clay Studio of Missoula, is an exhibition showcasing ceramic work that explores the infinite possibilities of the idea of a cup. This year's exhibition will be juried by Chris Alveshere.
- Applications must be submitted no later than November 9, 2023.
- Exhibition dates are February 2-24, 2024.
- Open to artists world wide. Work must address the idea of "cup" and be made primarily out of clay
- Size may not exceed 16 inches in any direction.
- Current show awards include Best of Show ($200) and other cash merit awards
- The artist is responsible for shipping and insurance on the work to and from Missoula, MT. The Clay Studio is responsible for insurance during the exhibition.
- All work must be for sale. Accepted work which differs from the submitted image(s) will be disqualified.
- We can accept a small cohesive set as one entry, but it must be labeled as and priced as a singular item (for example, don't enter 3 cups as a "set" then price them as separately sold items)
- Artists may submit images for up to two entries, and a maximum of two images for each entry. Images should be .jpg files, 300 dpi, and no larger than 2400 pixels in the largest dimension. Image files should be named with the image number, your last name, and your first initial (for example: 1-DoeJ.jpg, 2-DoeJ.jpg). Basically, a digital file roughly 4x6" @ 300 dpi is great for the juror to be able to view a quality image, and for us to utilize in PR materials if your work is accepted!
The following information must be included with your online entry form:
- file name (including the image number as specified above)
- material (submitted work must be made primarily of clay)
- dimensions (h x w x d)
- year completed
- retail price (the Clay Studio will take a 40% commission on all sales)
1. Type in your name and contact information
2. Type your entry information in the appropriate text box with each file name you are uploading, and the corresponding information: title, medium, firing method, dimensions, date, and retail price
3. Upload your image files
4. Pay entry fee with credit card or paypal
5. Click the Submit button.
You will not be able to edit your application once it has been submitted. It is important that you do not click the SUBMIT button until all of the required information is filled out and all image files are uploaded to the form. If a minor update needs to be made to your submission prior to jurying - such as a date or price correction, etc - please contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will gladly update your entry.
The Clay Studio of Missoula reserves the right to photograph works, and use submitted photo material of accepted pieces for the purposes of documentation, education, publicity, and promotion.
Your submission of materials constitutes your agreement to comply with all the conditions and terms set forth above. Please understand that all decisions by the Clay Studio of Missoula and the juror are final.
Questions? Please email the Clay Studio at email@example.com
Thanks for your interest! And...GOOD LUCK!